***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Missy Update, Kory's Bday and School

So, this past weekend, Missy was discharged at 8:00am on Saturday morning. My parents picked her up and she was in great spirits. I left Jackson around 11:00am and headed to Tupelo to help nurse Missy Prissy back to health. I got to Tupelo to find Missy acting just like she always does.....just not able to walk. :( BUT, she is still as sweet and spoiled rotten as can be. Saturday night Ben threw Kory a surprise 25th birthday party. It was so fun! I was glad I got to see a few of my best friends before school started. I didn't get to stay too long because I needed to go take care of Missy, but Ben did a great job on ordering the cake AND keeping the party a surprise! :) Ohh, and he got Kory a new bassett hound puppy. I can't WAIT to meet her! On Sunday I "played" with Missy and just snuggled with her. I had to head back to Jackson around 1. :( I didn't want to leave her and I was pretty upset when I left. But I calmed down once I got down the road.
On Monday I started school, eeeeeeeeeek! I wrote my first Tx plan....it only took me about 11 hours and it only contained 1 disease state.....so hopefully I'll get quicker. ha! It hasn't been too bad yet, but we haven't even gotten in to multiple disease states with multiple therapies....so it's only going to get stickier!
But, on a more positive note, my parents THINK that Missy might be trying to "pee pee" on her own which would be FANTASTIC. I am trying to be optimistic, yet realistic. However, my Dad says when they do her physical therapy she seems to be "pushing" a little and "twitching" her leg. So, I am still praying her nervous tissue will heal properly, that her bladder control will return and hopefully walking will return soon too. So, just keep her in your prayers. She has a long road ahead of her! I'll post some pictures of her incision later in the week when I get a little spare time. :)

No comments: