***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some Updates

So, I haven't blogged in a couple weeks. I have just been being lazy with it. Last weekend, the Burks (and Davis!) came in town to spend Saturday and Sunday with us. We had a great time visiting with them and going out-to-dinner. Davis starts nursing school at Ole Miss tomorrow, so everyone wish him Good Luck! This past week of school for me was ROUGH. It seemed that everything I did was wrong. My treatment plan was probably subpar and my group grade will probably be subpar as well. This whole PBL style learning is not my cup of tea. But, I better get the hang of it or I will be getting a big "F" for Block I; which would mean failing the year. SO, lets just PRAY that I step it up! On a MUCH happier note, Missy Prissy is doing really, really well lately. She is standing up on her own AND she has sporadically been walking. One day she took like 3 steps. The next day she didn't walk at all (my theory is she was saving up all of her energy for yesterday). And yesterday she walked on 3 different occasions! One time she only took like 4 steps, then another time she took 10 steps, and then right before bed last night, my Dad called to tell me she walked the ENTIRE length of the garage WITHOUT any help (which was about 20ft long). PRAISE THE LORD! He did say she was a little "drunk walking" BUT, anything is better than nothing. And the neurosurgeon in Starkville did say that proprioception would be the last thing to come back. So the "drunk walking" should be expected. I am so proud of my little fighter! She is on a optimistic path to recovery. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and concern over my sweet Missy Prissy!! Oh, and last night Johnny and I went to Walker's Drive In and it was FANTASTIC. Oh my gosh, my food was amazing and the atmosphere is so quaint. We loved it. It is definitely on my favorite restaurant list!

3 comments:

Lane and Bo Baxter and our hounds said...

Walkers is soooo good-!It is definately a favorite of everyone who lives in jackson!! I'm glad ya'll liked it- hope school gets better- im counting down my last two years- i take one day at a time-haha!

The Hensons said...

you have no idea who i am, but i stumbled upon your blog today (got here from emory's). anyway, i graduated from pharmacy school 6 years ago, and to this day i still profess my undying hatred of pbl!! so, your griping about school makes me smile! thanks!

i ended up with crabtree for block 1 (is he even still around?), and i thought life was over! not to mention theilman for everything else! aghhh! but, i lived to tell about it! all that to say...hang in there. p5 year is terrible, but other than a few presentations, next year is a breeze!

can't wait to check back in and see what's kickin' at the medical mall!! :)

The Hensons said...

and no...i worked at river oaks in jxn until my first kid was born. (i was a hospital person...never did like the retail gig.) then, we moved here. now, i'm just mom! :)