***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update on Missy

So, Missy's surgery was 72 hours ago. Yesterday she had a GREAT day. She had deep pain in both legs and superficial pain in her left leg. I was ecstatic. Next thing to come back after pain sensation is motor function. Well, this morning at 10:15am the Resident that is handling Missy's condition called to inform us of her progress. However, this call was not about progress, but regression. Missy has lost all deep pain sensation. They are not really sure why, and they told me "not to panic". Ha, I guess they haven't picked up on my "obsession with my little girl". I have not had a good day. I guess I need to be prepared for "good days and bad days" however, this is a very serious set back. They were going to start hydrotherapy this afternoon to see if she would respond to that. Please keep praying for my little Missy. She needs all the prayers she can get right now. Oh, and Woody (our other dachshund) is extremely depressed. They have never been separated in almost 4 years and he is having a very difficult time with her being gone. He doesn't eat, he walks around looking for her, and then he just lays in the kennel. That's another reason I keep getting upset because I can tell how sad he is too. But, all we can do now is pray and hope that it's God's will for Missy to make a recovery. Thanks for all the texts and messages with concern and well wishes!

No comments: