***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Wedding Season

So, as I sit here in the hospital waiting to go on rounds, I figured I would update the blog since none of my patients this week are too interesting. Wedding season has arrived.....it is a little early this year. Normally spring time is when things get really busy, but this fall is packed with wedding festivities for Kory and Ashleigh. Plus, we are building a house and preparing for Anne Cambria's arrival. It is crazy that in less than 11 weeks, she will be here. CRAZY! Anyways, Kory and Ben's engagement party was last weekend and it was lovely! Kory looked beautiful and I had a great time. However, I am running in to a bit of a problem.....I am having to wear heels a lot to different "festivities" and my legs are starting to do the swelling thing. And I know it happens to basically every pregnant lady, but I find it disgusting. It is not my ankles that swell, its my calves (which I find weird). They look like that have a big softball inside them. So, flats have become my new BFF. I wish it was 40degrees outside so I could wear my Uggs. That would be fabulous.....but instead it's still 95degrees at the end of September so I am stuck in uncomfortable shoes. Oh well though...beauty is pain HA. The day after the engagement party we headed to Oxford for the OleMiss/Vandy game and what a disappointment ONCE AGAIN. The Rebels are just sucking it up this year. I foolishly predicted a 9-3 season at the beginning of August, and I may have been almost right, we may be 3-9 haha! Oh well though. We are not "fair weather fans". When Ed O was the head coach we had MANY, MANY crappy seasons and we bounced back. So, I am not worried....we may suck for a season or two, but the Rebels will bounce back and we will just continue to party happily (and pout a little too) in the Grove while we wait on them to get their heads back on. The next 2 weekends are filled with wedding parties AND my first baby shower is in 2 weeks! Yay! Anne Cambria should be excited. :) We are ordering her furniture Saturday finally. I do not know why I keep procrastinating on this, BUT since they are framing our house now (and at a rather speedy pace), I guess the need to have all the nursery pieces at least in our possession has set in. The cushion for her rocker has been recovered, the fabric for her bedding has been sent to the seamstress, and the fabric for her draperies has been sent off as well. So, now its just the "necessities" that we are lacking (aka bottles, pacifiers, stroller, car seat, etc etc etc etc). BUT, we are for real going to start getting stuff soon. We have planned a Saturday trip to Memphis in the next couple weeks and we will buy everything we need that we do not get at showers. So, my little Queen Anne will be taken care of. :) Anywho, I am heading to the floor to see patients (fun times), so here are some pictures from the other weekend. They are not too fabulous either considering I was 29 weeks pregnant and the puffy/fatness is definitely setting in. ha!

OleMiss/Vandy Game

Kory and Ben's Engagement Party


Natty, Kory, Melanie, Me, and Kristen

The Hubby and Me (29 weeks pregnant)

No comments: