***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

7 months old

My sweet baby was 7 months old on July 9. Where does the time go?? Tonight Adam and Mary Frances Massey came over with baby Molly who is three weeks old and it reminded me of how quickly time flies. She is so tiny and Anne Cambria seems so "grown up" compared to her. I absolutely LOVE the stage Anne Cambria is in right now, but I wish I could hit the pause button for a while. She reaches for me, she laughs at me, she is starting to prefer me over Johnny (especially when she is sleepy), and she is just so happy. We are so blessed that she has been the easiest baby. Other than despising her car seat, she is absolutely perfect. We didn't have any "colic" issues, we started sleeping through the night (~7hrs) at 6 1/2 weeks and she is just so happy. She has of course (like all babies do), had her "off" days, but 9 times out of 10, she is such a pleasant baby and I am so thankful to God that he gave me the opportunity to raise her. 
As for milestones, Anne Cambria is still eating baby food and she is not so interested in big people food. She will reach for our plates/bowls/etc, however, when I mashed up a banana and gave it to her with her banana oatmeal, she got SO mad. I mean SCREAMED at me (of course after she had spit it out). We have also tried some baby food with chunks of noodles in it, and she pitched a fit over that too. She will pick puffs off her high chair tray and put them in her mouth and then spit them out. So she does get the concept, I think she is just figuring out what she likes and doesn't like. We have introduced the sippy cup and she isn't too fond of it. She knows how to use it, but she rarely takes the initiative to drink from it. If I put it up to her mouth she will, but other than that, she is fine without it. She eats three meals a day, and she has a "snack" after her afternoon nap. We have dropped to 3 bottles a day, and sometimes she will even skip her late afternoon bottle. Anne Cambria has already started pulling up. She can completely pull herself up from sitting to standing now. This happened about 3 days ago. She is still "army crawling" but is starting to do "real" crawl more and more. However, she is actually faster with her army crawl. But now that she has discovered standing up, that is all she wants to do now. Johnny took his first steps at 7 1/2 months, and I think Anne Cambria is going to follow in her daddy's footsteps!

So here is a recap of our precious baby at 7 months:

Food Schedule:
Breakfast: oatmeal and a fruit
Lunch: veggie and fruit
Snack: yogurt cup
Dinner: meat, veggie, and fruit

Takes a bottle around 9:15am and 2:00pm

Nap Schedule (times vary a little):
Morning Nap: 9:30ish
Afternoon Nap: 2:30ish