***************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

**************

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

***************

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekends

Once you are quote "in the real world", weekends just go by way too fast. Its like every week you are waiting for Friday to get there, and then...POOF! The weekend blows by! Kinda sucks, but I guess that is just part of growing up. Anywho, the other weekend Johnny and I went to Birmingham for a little "get away". I was in major need of maternity clothes and he was such a good sport to go with me. That is one area where Tupelo is lacking. Tupelo has NO cute maternity stores. LadyBugs downtown has started carrying some maternity clothes, but I just haven't found too much in there......BUT, it is also inbetween seasons, so I'm sure if I check back in a couple weeks they will have some cute stuff. However, while we were in Birmingham I went to A Pea in the Pod and Swanky Stork. I have been to A Pea in the Pod in Memphis, and they have a really good store, so I was excited to go to the one in Birmingham too. They had totally different stuff which was nice. And I have to give a "shout out" to Swanky Stork. It is a smaller boutique and they have the cutest stuff. They carry Michael Stars, 7s, Citizens, Maternal American, etc etc. And, when I ran out of time on Saturday to make it there by 5pm, they were super accomodating and met me there Sunday afternoon before we left town. So, if you are expecting or know someone that is, I would definitely recommend The Swanky Stork to them. They also have a great website, so if you can't make it to Bham, the trusty internet never fails! So, you can visit them at www. theswankystork.com




Also while we were in Birmingham we went to three of my favorite restaurants......Moe's Southwestern Grill for lunch, PF Chang's for dinner, and a pancake place for breakfast the next day. I HAD to go to the places that Tupelo doesn't have.....and Moe's and PF Chang's are just so delish I can never pass them up, especially while I am pregnant. :)

I have finally finalized all of Ann Cambria's bedding/curtains/etc. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous. It is very dainty and antiquey. The colors are pale, pale pink/kelp pattern (kelp is a greyish, green color, more grey than green), pale pink minky dot, kelp satin, a sheer ecru overlay and another pale pink solid. I will upload a picture of the swatches. We are going to order her furniture soon. I don't know why we keep putting this off??? I have it picked out and I know it takes 6-8 weeks to get it in, but I guess thats why I am not rushing. We will for sure be in the apratment for 3-4 weeks with the baby, and I am not setting up an entire nursery for 3-4 weeks, then having to take it down to move to another house. So, we are only going to have the bare essentials at the apartment (i.e. pack-n-play, bouncy seat, swing, changing pad, bottles, diapers, etc.). Her nursery will be gorgeous, but she just won't see it for a couple weeks (I'm sure she'll never know the difference ha).

I should be working on my seminar that I have to give on September 29. My topic is Oral Contraception and the Risk of DVT formation. My power point is due Sept 1 (which is Wednesday) and I am about 30% done with it. But now that I am on rotation for school, doing actual "homework" is so hard now. I just feel like I should done with that stuff. But, after Sept 29, I am! Thank God! I am thankful that my seminar date is Sept 29, because the other date was January 19 and considering I will have a 6 week old by then, I do not think I will be focused on some seminar! But enough procrastinating for tonight...I am going to try and make another slide or two...maybe. ;)

No comments: